Sunday, April 12, 2009

Step It Up

A couple of weeks ago Austin and I were in the foyer at church and he stood up and took 2 steps!!! Then he didn't do it again for the rest of the week. The next week (last week) he would randomly take 1-3 steps here and there. At the end of the week he took 5 or 6 one time. Then this morning he was playing in the middle of the living room floor when he stood up and walked over to the couch! I was so excited I clapped and hooted and scared him. So we walked over to me and then walked away. So, I count today as the day he officially started walking. AND it was at MY house - not the babysitters. Yeah!



Also, a funny little story about my quirky little kid. A while ago - it's been a long time since I posted - I put him down for a nap. Everything was very normal. He smiled at me when I walked out. A few minutes later I hear furniture moving in his room. Odd. I crack the door to look in and see that he put his feet between the slats and was pushing the crib away from the wall. So I shut the door and go about my business. A little while later he starts crying. So I go in to see what is the matter. He had taken one sock off, his pants off and was sitting there desperately trying to get his diaper off. He was so frustrated that he couldn't do it that he was crying. Glad I went in when I did. Memories of duct tape are coming to mind.
Fortunately, it was only a little wet.

2 comments:

  1. He was sooo close to walking while we were there. Oh the fun that is in store for you now!!! Can hardly wait for the walking Austin stories. I am sure there will be many, many good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Austin! Way to go bud! You're gonna need to get your running legs go'n cuz Ava LOVES babies & she will chase you down! :)

    ReplyDelete