I have several cute little stories about Austin recently that I want to post so that I can remember them. Since I have only written in my journal once since Austin was born this is my best bet. The pictures don't necessarily have anything to do with the stories I had in mind - I'm just random like that.
Austin thinks articles of clothing flying through the air is one of the funniest things he's ever seen. (Are images of purple bats coming to mind, anyone?) So, once I was loading the clothes from the washer to the dryer. He came over and stood front and center facing the dryer. I tossed clothes in and he just cracked up! Laughed so hard he snorted! Don't know where he got that from??!?

Mike came home from work one day and popped a couple of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in his mouth. I was holding Austin and he comes up and wraps his arms around us. I said, "Woah, that's some serious peanut butter breath you have." To which he responded with a sarcastic blowing in our faces. At this, Austin let out a short burst of a cough. Like his breath was really bad. Seriously, the kid isn't fazed by the overwhelming fragrance of his diapers but, Mike's peanut butter breath, now that's something to make your toes curl!

Austin was following me around the house. It takes quite a bit of effort as I walk much faster than he crawls. I was going back and forth from one end to the other. After a few trips he followed me into the kitchen. When he finally made it I walked back out headed towards the other side of the house. He stopped and let out an exasperated sigh. Aaaugh! and then turned around and crawled back to follow me. To no avail. As soon as he got there I was leaving again. This time he just cried. There's only so much those little dough knees can take of those hard floors.

Mike came home from work, got the box of Cheeze-its, sat down on the other end of the couch from where Austin and I were sitting and took a handful. Austin immediately crawled over, stuck his hand in the box, took out a cracker and ate it like he'd been doing it all his life (of 9 months). Chew, swallow, repeat. The addiction starts early in the Duncan family. (This picture actually does apply to the story.)

So does this one. What is it about bathrooms that is so fascinating anyway? Probably we spend way too much time there. Austin opened this cupboard and crawled right in. It has a leftover child safety latch on it. Obviously doesn't work. Austin didn't make any special effort to open it. He's into crawling into things. Dropping things into containers and bags. And pulling toys out from under furniture. Fun times. I love this little boy.
Mike came home from work one day and popped a couple of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in his mouth. I was holding Austin and he comes up and wraps his arms around us. I said, "Woah, that's some serious peanut butter breath you have." To which he responded with a sarcastic blowing in our faces. At this, Austin let out a short burst of a cough. Like his breath was really bad. Seriously, the kid isn't fazed by the overwhelming fragrance of his diapers but, Mike's peanut butter breath, now that's something to make your toes curl!
Austin was following me around the house. It takes quite a bit of effort as I walk much faster than he crawls. I was going back and forth from one end to the other. After a few trips he followed me into the kitchen. When he finally made it I walked back out headed towards the other side of the house. He stopped and let out an exasperated sigh. Aaaugh! and then turned around and crawled back to follow me. To no avail. As soon as he got there I was leaving again. This time he just cried. There's only so much those little dough knees can take of those hard floors.
Mike came home from work, got the box of Cheeze-its, sat down on the other end of the couch from where Austin and I were sitting and took a handful. Austin immediately crawled over, stuck his hand in the box, took out a cracker and ate it like he'd been doing it all his life (of 9 months). Chew, swallow, repeat. The addiction starts early in the Duncan family. (This picture actually does apply to the story.)
So does this one. What is it about bathrooms that is so fascinating anyway? Probably we spend way too much time there. Austin opened this cupboard and crawled right in. It has a leftover child safety latch on it. Obviously doesn't work. Austin didn't make any special effort to open it. He's into crawling into things. Dropping things into containers and bags. And pulling toys out from under furniture. Fun times. I love this little boy.
Cute kid. Fun Stories
ReplyDeleteIts fun watching them learn new things
ReplyDeleteCute photos and really cute stories.
ReplyDeleteThose purple bats are amazing :)
ReplyDeleteDelightful stories and pictures. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteClassic Cheeze-it picture.
ReplyDeleteHe's a doll. I use my blog as a journal, I gave up on writing in that a long time ago. You know you can print a book from your blog?
ReplyDeleteYou can?!? I had no idea!
ReplyDeleteAndrea just printed her blog into a book - check with her! Loved the stories and the pictures. It is so fun to hear the stories but great to see what a good job you two are doing with Austin!
ReplyDeleteI should get it tomorrow in the mail! I'll let you know how it turns out.
ReplyDeleteso much fun!! :) I want to hear how it turns out too - my blog is also my journal! ;)
ReplyDeleteBet I've looked at this 5 times--can't believe I didn't comment. Your little guy is a cutie all right. It's nice to hear from you.
ReplyDeleteI got my book! It turned out really great!
ReplyDeleteAndrea, I was wondering if you would tell me! Where did you get it done?
ReplyDeleteJulie, I Hope you still check for comments on this posting. You are like the only cousin to commit/sort of to coming to the April 11th Easter Egg hunt. Would you be willing to bring a soup and plan an 10 minute game or craft for kids 1-5? Coloring, duck duck goose, cookie decorating, and pin the tail on the rabbit are already spoken for. Let me know on MaryAnn's blog if you are coming and can do this. Thanks.
ReplyDelete