Saturday, January 10, 2009

Okay, one more Austin story today


Two posts in a row. I know, I'm getting wild in my old age... Speaking of Austin crawling (see previous post), I left him playing on the floor and went to the little ladies room. Meanwhile, he went to the little gent's room down the hall. You know those springy type door stoppers? He LOVES those. And I can understand why. So he went into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. All the way. And I hear bbrrrong, bbrrrong, bbrrrong as he played with the door stopper. Then he turned around and realized he couldn't get out. He was not happy about that. I go to get him and he is sitting right behind the door. I had to push him slowly with the door til I could slip my arm around and pull him out. He was undeterred. He went to the kitchen to play with the one in there. No risk of getting trapped with that one. ;)

In related news (okay, so this is technically yet another Austin story), I was replacing the hardware after painting the basement bathroom last week-ish. He crawled in and pushed the door out of the way. Pause. Sideways glance in both directions. Hmmmm. Both bathrooms upstairs have one of those spring door stoppers. Where's this one's? Oh, well. This bathroom is BORING! And then he crawled back out.

So, now we're keeping all the doors shut.

P.S. This picture has nothing to do with this post. I just picked one from the pile. It was a while ago. He was watching me vacuum.

7 comments:

  1. Love the Austin stories. As I recall you kids all loved those spring door stops in exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids have also always been obsessed with the door stops when they start crawling. I guess they are a real draw when you are down on that level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toilet plungers are a real draw too. I will let you use your imagination on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture. I wish my students had that look more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubrey discovered the spring noise of the doorstop when we went to the beach at Christmas and stayed in a hotel. She tried twice to get the same effect from our doorstops in this house, but to no avail as we have those solid medal ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is full of mysteries that he's bound to unravel! Wishing you well with adventures ahead (ha!)

    ReplyDelete