Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Duncan Christmas Tradition

Decorating gingerbread houses has been a Duncan family tradition since M was a kid. We have continued the tradition as the only out of state branch since we moved here. We invite a couple of our neighbors over. I make the gingerbread pieces and icing and everyone brings candy to share. Last year was the only year we skipped it so this was Austin's first experience. His little friend from across the street is about 8 mos older than him. They spent a lot of time just playing together which worked out really well for their attention spans. It's always a good time and this year we actually remembered to take photos! Enjoy...














3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. Do you get to eat them afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we do. Well, this year Mike and Austin did. I can't eat any of that stuff yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fun tradition. I've always thought making gingerbread houses was a great idea. I'm just never ambitious enough to attempt it.

    ReplyDelete